The best thing about our community is that we are all connected through the same values of wanting to spread positivity, help protect the environment and ultimately create a better world. Even though our sisterhood is spread across different countries, making an impact can happen no matter where you are. When it comes to protecting our environment, every decision we make, no matter how big or small, can add up quickly in a positive way. This is why we must make environmentally conscious choices every day and help spread awareness to others. Here are some things you can do to help the environment and inspire others to do the same.
1. Recycle: Separating recyclable from non-recyclable trash can help give these items a second life. Bottles, cans, paper and cardboard are all recyclable materials. Taking the time to separate your trash can make a big difference in preventing pollution.
2. Reduce single use plastic: A lot of single use plastic ends up in our oceans and is dangerous to the wildlife and ecosystem. You can help reduce single use plastic by:
- Carrying a reusable bag with you
- Using a metal straw and rewashing it instead of plastic
- Using a reusable water bottle instead of a single use plastic bottle
3. Reuse: Boxes are a great example for this, often times they durable enough to be used more than once. Saving your favourite boxes to reuse in the future can help reduce waste. Keep your favourite shoe box, fill it with your favourite memories and love it forever.
4. Volunteer to clean up your local beaches and community: A great way to get involved within your community is to stay up to date on local environmental events. Volunteering a few hours of your time to pick up trash at the beach or in your neighbourhood will not only keep it clean, but will also help educate others through example.
With pollution increasing every day, we might not have a beautiful earth to look forward to in the near future. However, it’s never too late to create a better world. With awareness and action, we can rewrite this narrative so that we will always have a beautiful world to look forward to tomorrow. Thank you for helping us bring awareness to this and for sharing it with your friends and family.